Topic: Requirements the Agile Way
This should be a fun and USEFUL discussion.
Unclear requirements are always a problem. Always hard in a way.
So, let’s discuss how we are doing “requirements” in an agile way.
What is working or not working for you?
What might work better?
Here are some ideas. And we want everyone to share.
* can be done verbally
* can be done via pictures
* can be done as lists
* Definition of Ready!
* PO has some responsibility
* Developers have responsibility (to insist they have enough)
* Jeff Sutherland suggests an enabling specification (see: [link to be added]
* do them as a flow. 8 stories are ready-ready just before the sprint starts
* some people use templates
* DOR might define types of info needed (sometimes). Devs must decide per story
* Lean UX can be part of it
* Business side engaged (part-time, a bunch of people)
* Etc, etc.
Please come and share your ideas and questions.
Immediate Goals: Developers have less uncertainty and higher motivation. Fewer examples of mis-communication as we do the demo in the Sprint Review.
Goal of session: You take away some ideas to experiment with to raise the productivity and effectiveness of your Team. Customers become happier.
See you there!
ACTION: Invite others.
Discussion Leader: Joe Little. A CST on LinkedIn: [https://www.linkedin.com/in/joelittle/](https://pbworks.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=df06d21576b6ebaa8f4189dbc&id=7187d3f346&e=08c399372b)
**HELP (For the future)!**
We need your HELP!
We need a person (for AC) to help “manage”:
Not hard, but takes maybe 30 minutes per month. Maybe 2 people to rotate?
For now we plan “alternating” between in-person and Zoom.
We want to support Hybrid.
Can someone volunteer to take care of that?
My initial though is 2-3 people share the burden.