Carolina Fintech Hub is a nonprofit partnership of leading financial services firms, fintech companies, universities and government working to fuel the future growth and success of emerging financial technologies. By fostering a culture of collaboration and innovation, we ensure fintech in all verticals have access to the talent, capital, financial industry expertise and strategic alliances they need to succeed.
What is the Workforce Investment Network (WIN)?
Carolina Fintech Hub is teaming up with community and national leaders to create new pathways for untapped talent to find great work in technology. WIN will offer paid professional development to underserved, motivated adults in the Carolinas. Upon successful completion of the intensive 24-week program, the participant will be offered full time employment at a predetermined sponsor institution.
- Provide upward mobility opportunities for underserved communities
- Combat the perceived lack of technology talent in region
- Increase the number of minorities and women pursuing careers in technology
Who Hires WIN Graduates and Why?
Our partners see the WIN program as a bold and audacious pathway to unlock untapped talent in the community. Through this initiative, sponsor companies will receive and onboard qualified talent while also making an impact on the community they serve, a true win-win scenario.
Some of our hiring partners include Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Truist, Ally, EY, Lowe’s, and many, many more.
WIN in the news:
Wells Fargo — https://stories.wf.com/getting-paid-learn-code
More information directly from the CFH Team:
Video recording from the 9/22/2020 WIN Info Session held virtually = https://youtu.be/3NW6h4tdDNU
Video recording from the 9/30/2020 WIN Info Session held virtually = https://youtu.be/bC2pA4MYClw
Recent blog post written by CFH staff = https://www.carolinafintechhub.org/win-how-a-life-changing-program-provides-new-opportunities-for-aspiring-technologists/
Upcoming Cohort Timeline & Candidate Selection:
Testing and candidate selection for our upcoming cohort will begin in September. In order to qualify to participate in that process, simply register using the form below. The candidate selection process will involve the following steps:
- Aptitude Test, Case Study, and Written Response (**extended; now due 10/30**) — The Case Study and Written Response section is available here. The Aptitude Test can be found here.
- Phone Screening — Exceptional candidates will be asked to continue their application through a series of interviews, the first being a phone interview. Most phone interviews will be with former WIN graduates, so these phone conversations will be a valuable time to discuss any questions you may have about life in the WIN program.
- Final Virtual Interview — Candidates who have successfully been recommended for a final interview (based on the results of the first two steps listed above) will meet virtually via Zoom with Pasha Maher, Managing Director of the Carolina Fintech Hub and Head of the WIN program.
Candidates who do not complete their application by the early admission deadline (see above) still have an opportunity to be admitted into the upcoming cohort. Simply complete the Aptitude Test, Case Study, and Written Response sections (listed above) by December 31, 2020. We will review applications as they are received and exceptional candidates will be asked to advance through the interview process.
Please be patient while our team completes the review process as we receive a great deal of applications. We will contact you directly via the email address you provide in your applications. We expect the next cohort to begin in early Q1 2021.
Applications for the upcoming third cohort are now open!!