See below for directions on how to submit your #Fix50 final submission. For more information on the #Fix50 Challenge, please click here. You can also learn more by watching this video feature of the #Fix50 Hackathon courtesy of WBTV.
Updated Timeline (recently extended so please note date changes)
- Nov 11 — (FOR INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATIONS ONLY) First round of placement: Individual sign-ups will begin being paired virtually onto teams
- Nov 13 — (FOR INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATIONS ONLY) Final round of placement: Last day to register as an individual and final individual placements
- Nov 15 — Last day to submit your #Fix50 proposal (Form below to submit)
- EVENT: Nov 19 — Top five finalists present and two teams advance to the finals. Free event open to the public. (Link coming soon to register)
- EVENT: Nov 21 — Finals, champion announced, $10,000 awarded
Judging Criteria — Competitive submissions will explain the problem, identify a solution, and provide measurable outcomes. Use your video and written submission to convince the judges that you have the right idea and the right team to create a lasting, positive impact on the Charlotte community. Submissions with more mature and developed proposals will be given favorable consideration, meaning having a product developed, a proof of concept, or something created will increase your chances of success. You will be measured via three criteria:
- Idea — Is this a new concept? Are there already ongoing projects addressing your proposal?
- Impact — Think ROI. If chosen, what are you expected results? How will you use the opportunity to create a tangible difference.
- Maturity — How sophisticated is your proposal? Is it just an idea? Is it fully developed and ready to go?
Tips for the video: Keep it simple. Use the video to narrate your proposal over a slide deck, demo your product, or do whatever you see fit, just remember that your message is more important than your video production.
Fill out the form below to help #Fix50 and potentially take home $10,000!
ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE BY MIDNIGHT OF NOV 15
Applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who participated!